Thursday, September 11, 2014

Mocha Almond Fudge Overnight Oatmeal

I need to confess my feelings. My strong, unwavering feelings.

I'm in love.

...with the So Delicious brand.


I've been eating their yogurt for a couple years now, but their pints of ice cream are a new world for me. I stopped buying prepared desserts and snacks several years ago--for a few different reasons. 1) Michael Pollan says to eat as much junk food as you want--as long as it's homemade (the result being you want eat that much junk food because it's hard work to make your own french fries, desserts, etc.). 2) I cut junk food from my budget to help me afford organic produce. 3) IBS, of course. Always.


That changed recently. Because I started running, I've had to up my calorie intake. My IBS does not allow me to simply "eat more" (being too full causes an "attack"), so I gave up and just started supplementing my diet with a modest scoop of vegan ice cream. Eaten just a 1/2 cup at a time, it doesn't upset my tummy too much. Not my healthiest choice, but it's more ideal than losing weight.


I've tried several so far: green tea, cookie dough, cookies 'n' cream, chocolate....*swoon* One that really blew me away was the Mocha Almond Fudge flavor. Naturally, I converted it to oatmeal...and obviously I used So Delicious yogurt to honor the love I have for them.

P.S. I have no affiliation with the So Delicious brand. I just really freaking love their products.

Mocha Almond Fudge Overnight Oatmeal

by The Oatmeal Artist
Prep Time: 2 min
Cook Time: 0 min
Ingredients (serves 1)
  • 1/3 cup milk of choice, or water
  • 1/4 cup plain or vanilla yogurt (I used So Delicious plain)
  • 1/2 cup rolled oats (I use Country Choice Organic)
  • 1/2 tsp instant coffee granules
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (omit if using vanilla yogurt)
  • 2 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
  • pinch of salt
  • handful of chocolate chips
  • handful of slivered or sliced almonds
Instructions
  1. Combine all ingredients except chocolate chips and almonds in a mason jar.
  2. Cover with lid and shake, shake, shake until combined.
  3. Store in the refrigerator overnight (or for several hours). In the morning, stir in almonds and chocolate chips. Eat cold!
Powered by Recipage


**You can also find hundreds of other oatmeal recipes (as well as tons of other meatless recipes) on my Pinterest account!  You can also like The Oatmeal Artist on Facebook. Thanks!

6 comments:

  1. *Gasp!* I completely agree! The Mocha Almond Fudge is just AMAZING! It's been a while since I last had some, but I still remember the creamy texture, and so much fudge! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum- chocolate mocha overnight oats - yum just yum! You can go ahead and send me a jar mmmk because that just looks too good!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How delicious sweets!!!! I love Sweets.
    Dubai VPS Server

    ReplyDelete
  4. Through the services of Public Relations Assignment Help as well as Food Science Homework Writing Help we have helped thousand who are stuck with their assignment. You can also get Top Writing Services Online at an affordable cost.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm very excited to inform everyone that I'm completely cured from my Hpv recently. I used Dr Onokun herbal medicine, it's really help during my outbreaks but I totally got cured! from my Hpv with a strong and active herbal medicine ordered from a powerful herbalist Dr onokun Contact him via Whats App +1 323 689 3594 or visit his Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/naturaltreatmentcenter1 or website: www.dronokunherbalcure.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...